Choose-Your-Own Novel Month

Forums

Forum Home > Member Room > Sticky: WELCOME!

dacharya64
Site Owner

Hello, and welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself, and thanks for joining the site. Looking forward to a month of endless possibilities?

December 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morrigan Bregonis

Heck yeah I am! Hi *waves* I'm going to be doing WriYe this next year and this seems like a pretty good way to start it off... Well, this and JanNoWriMo. I think I can do both. What do you think? The original 50,000 words plus whatever I manage to pump out for this should end up being pretty substantial in the end. For a teenager with next-to-no ambitions I seem to pile a lot on my plate. It's a good thing tomorrow is the last day of my school semester so I can start planning everything out.

Alright, I think that's enough of my ramblings... So... Ta-ta!!! :D

--

"Why do you live?"

"Because I have something worth living for."

"I can't even get a taxi!"

December 16, 2010 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Outasync

Hi!  Thanks for setting up this site for us all to play in.  I'm going to use this CYOA story to explore the possibilities of a story that I want to turn into a novel later.  The multiple-choice format is perfect for testing out idea, characters and situations.

Got a lots of projects on the go at the moment, but I'm trying to tie them into each other.  Whether or not I "win" this challenge, it will still be a productive month for me.

Is anyone else linking up projects?  Using the same characters or settings in more than one story?  Or adapting a story from one medium to another?

--

Outasync

WARNING: Occasionally sane

December 30, 2010 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dacharya64
Site Owner

Nice to meet you both! Now that January has begun it's time to get to work.

Although I do often convert my stories to other mediums (mostly different things to graphic novels) since I've already got some already got some original stories going I'll stick to those for now. I have been considering adapting my NaNoWriMo novel to a choose-your-own-adventure format, though.

--

Those who control the past control the future. Those who control the present control the past.

January 1, 2011 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elven

Hello... I am Cam.

Yup... this looks fun.

December 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morgan

I know this place is kinda dead compared to a lot of sites, but I figure the motivation of public humiliation is still valid, and hopefully we can share our completed projects when we're done.

January 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dacharya64
Site Owner

Welcome to the site. Yes, it is sort of dead... Still I figure its modivation enough to (finally) get my interactive ficion finished, and hopefully help others to do so as well. 

I'd be happy to share my work and read over yours once the month is out. 

--

Those who control the past control the future. Those who control the present control the past.

January 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morgan

If I finish it to the point where I'm not too embarrassed to show it to family and friends, I'd be happy to share it with you as well  : )

January 3, 2012 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Morgan

January was chock full of summatives, exams and other horrible school stuff. My CYOA novel kept getting pushed back, but I'm still proud of the meager progress I made. Hopefully I'll manage to work more on it in the future. This was a lot of fun!

February 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Ward

Hello there, i'm new to all this kind of stuff (this is the first forum i have ever joined at 32!) I have a CYOA i'm working on, it's for adults as it is full of whatever weirdness came to mind, how can i get someone to check it out and give feedback?

July 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

waldenwriter

Hi there. Is it too late to join this for 2013?

--

My writing website:

www.reneedlevine.com

"Emissary of Light, Cure White!"

-Cure White (person in my avatar)

January 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

waldenwriter

Ok well no one answered here but in the PM I got from dachary it sounded like it was ok for me to join in.

I've never written interactive fiction before, but I am looking for any way to improve my writing craft that I can do this year. I will look through the resources and try to decide on a story. Any help would be awesome!

--

My writing website:

www.reneedlevine.com

"Emissary of Light, Cure White!"

-Cure White (person in my avatar)

January 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by waldenwriter over a year ago
by dacharya64 over a year ago
by dacharya64 over a year ago
FAQ